At Green Truck movers of Nashville, Tn., all of our trucks run on biodiesel. By definition, biodiesel refers to a vegetable oil (or animal fat-based) fuel meant for standard diesel engines. Exhaust emissions from biodiesel fuels are significantly reduced compared to regular diesel.
To put it short, if you’re looking to make an environmentally conscious move, we’re the company for you.
But if you’re still looking for other ways to save mother nature while you traverse your family from one end of our beautiful earth to the other, here are a few tips on how to keep your move clean from Green Truck Movers.
1. Save or scrap the cardboard. The average move uses a half-ton tree’s worth of cardboard boxes. If you’re considering a move, try re using a friend’s old cardboard boxes, or opt for another type of storage container, such as plastic bins. Most moving companies offer rentable plastic bins, or there are a number of online sites where they can be purchased or rented.
2. Toss out the gnarly safety packaging. Bubble wrap, foam wrap and Styrofoam packing buffers are all harmful to the environment, but green alternatives exist! Consider trying green packing peanuts and bio plastics, so when you toss all the extra packaging out after the move, your trash doesn’t sit in the ground for millennia.
3. Use what you’ve got. Clothing, towels and bedding make great wrapping options for fragile items and often work better than any dispensable packaging.
4. Donate. The more stuff you move, the more your moving truck will weigh, and the more fuel it will take. Consider donating items sitting in your current crawlspace instead of moving them to your crawlspace in your new home.
5. Make your new home greener than your last! Replace old lights with fluorescent lights, seal up air leaks for better insulation, use power strips to quickly turn off many appliances when not in use. And recycle… don’t just throw it away.
At any rate, if you’re in need of reliable movers to help move furniture out of your old home to your new stomping grounds, we hope you’ll consider Green Truck Moving Company. Our affordable moving rates and excellent customer service, plus our biodiesel fuels are useful for corporate moves or for home moves. Contact us today!