Moving is a daunting task, and no one actually loves the idea of having to move all of their belongings from one place to another. However, when it comes to moving, you’re probably on a set budget for what you can and cannot spend during the transition. Through the use of movers, you’re able to save time and money when trying to get to the new place, but what other ways can you stretch that budget and make your move a bit more enjoyable?
5 Ways to Stretch That Moving Cash
- Don’t Pay for Moving Boxes - There are so many other ways that you’re able to get a hold of boxes. Check with stores, freecycle, nearby friends and relatives, and anyone else that might want to get rid of unwanted boxes during the move.
- Ditch A Lot of Your Stuff - Go through and make a list of what is essential, and what you can downsize. When you choose to remove the clutter, you’re choosing to downsize and spend much less when it comes to moving extra stuff that you do not need.
- Ship Heavy Books Through the Mail - When you use priority one price boxes, you’re able to easily move heavy books without having to worry about the price associated with them. If it fits, it ships and all for around $11-$12 per box.
- Wrap Items Up with Other Items From the Home - Use your towels, blankets and soft items to wrap up those breakable items. This saves on peanuts, papers and other cushion supports that you would otherwise have to purchase for the move.
- Hire Movers - Though mentioned, when you hire movers, you’re hiring someone to come out and do the labor for you. You’re saving on time, which also saves money. You’re also able to grab their truck in the process, so no having to worry about renting one.
When you’re ready to make your move, speak with us here at Green Truck Movers. We are more than happy to provide you with the essential moving tips and advice that you need, as well as the moving help that will get you from point A to point B without the added stress.